Section 6: Listing Remarks
Due to social distancing guidelines established due to Covid – 19, beginning 3/31/20 until further notice Stellar MLS listings may remain in an Active Status as long as there is an unbranded virtual tour attached to the listing or the property is able to be viewed virtually in some manner via recording or live stream. The virtual viewing must be conducted in accordance with the REALTORS® Code of Ethics and may not include signs or other types of branding that might deter the consumer away from the agent they are working with. URL’s to these tours/videos will also be allowed in the Public Remarks and Realtor Remarks fields in an effort to help assist the public marketing of the property.
If no showings of any kind are available, the listing should be placed into the Temporarily Off Market (TOM) status.
A. Rules relating to listing remarks vary by section: Public Remarks, Realtor Only Remarks and Additional remarks.
B. Public Remarks must be about the listed property or the transaction.
C. Builder name is acceptable in Public remarks.
D. Short Sale listings must be clearly identified in the Public Remarks by indicating “short sale” as the first words of the remarks.
E. The Public Remarks shall not include any of the following:
- i. Contact, personal, or professional information about the Participant or User
- ii. Any reference to a lock-box agreement
- iii. Any reference to websites or URL’s
- iv. User or Company information.
- v. Vendor or third-party service provider information
- vi. Owner(s) of record name or contact information
- vii. Showing Instructions
- viii. Open House information
- ix. Inappropriate information or language
- x. Calling/Access/Security/Gate or other codes for systems or equipment designed to ensure the security of the property
Note: The penalty for non-compliance is outlined in the General Fine Schedule (See Article 11/Section 4.2).
Repeated or deliberate violations by the same subscriber will immediately be subject to the progressive fine schedule with no further notice as outlined in the Automatic Fines Schedule, Level I (See Article 11/Section 4.3).
F. All listing remarks must be in compliance with State and Federal law in all matters relating to the advertisement and sale of real property.